The #1 British diet App that’s taking on America: Have you heard about it?
We’d like to introduce Nutracheck – Britain’s #1 calorie counting App that’s recently launched in North America. Developed by a British company, the Nutracheck App has seen downloads exceed the industry giants Weight Watchers App in its home country.
Now the US version of its unique, market-leading App is available across all states at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/calorie-counter-+/id444924121
Nutracheck’s MD and tech entrepreneur, Tim Vryenhoef, explained that he has extended the availability of the App to the USA, allowing American users to track and tot up their daily calorie intake with ease via a picture database of over 300,000 popular American foods.
And early reviews are taking America by storm:
“I was using My Fitness Pal for about a year when I read an article in the MailOnline* that mentioned this app. I downloaded it to try out and absolutely love it! I ended up deleting MFP. The user interface is easy and clean looking. So far all the foods I’ve scanned come up accurately listed and there are TONS of exercises to choose from when inputting your daily exercise (good for me since I take many different classes at the gym). So glad I found this app…HIGHLY recommend!” (Mjohn1023)
Speaking at the company’s headquarters in Nottingham, England, Tim said: “We have created a top selling, award-winning calorie counting App and established ourselves as industry leaders here in the United Kingdom.
“Now we’re hoping Americans will take the Nutracheck Challenge: lose weight safely and easily in less than 10 minutes a day.
“Sounds incredible, doesn’t it? But 10 minutes a day is all we’re asking Americans to invest to tackle obesity and get on the right track to a healthier lifestyle. And we know what we’re talking about: Research** shows that Nutracheck’s eat, track and lose process is the sensible, scientific and fad-free way to lose weight safely, relying on the tried and tested ‘food diary’ approach to weight loss.
“Keeping a food diary can double diet weight loss and we’ve worked hard to create an easy, user-friendly way to count calories and we strive to keep one step ahead in the competitive diet app market. We are delighted our unique product is available to the people of North America.”
Key features of Nutracheck’s US App include:
- USA food database of over 300,000 products with colour photos or logos for fast identification and appropriate serving sizes
- Barcode scanning feature to easily update your food diary
- Recipe and meal builder to calorie count homemade dishes
- Forums for support, where members can share hints and tips
- Available for iPhone and iPad
The Nutracheck App links with Fitbit – the global leader in the fast-growing Connected Health and Fitness category – to automatically sync physical activity data and steps into the Nutracheck exercise diary. iPhone users can also connect to Apple’s HealthKit.
North American consumers can download and try the Nutracheck App FREE at
- ends -
Notes for news editors:
**Kaiser Permanente Center for Health Research US – July 2008
- Nutracheck isan innovative, multi-award winning calorie counter and food diary App for weight loss. It was the UK’s first combined mobile and online diet, launched in 2005.
- The Nutracheck App is the UK’s top selling calorie counter in Apple’s App Store.
- The Nutracheck service has been developed over 10 years and is based on the proven food diary approach to weight loss and weight maintenance.
- Nutracheck HQ is in Nottingham, England.
For more info, or to interview Tim Vryenhoef, please call Karen Veness on
+44 115 969 4661 or +44 7968 049528 or email Karen.email@example.com